UPDATE TO HOME GAME PROTOCOLS FROM STANFORD FOOTBALL (SEPTEMBER 21, 2021):
Due to a recent outbreak among our student-athletes, we have made the difficult decision to pause hotel family visiting time this Friday night and next Friday night. The options at the Sheraton do not allow us to space out in a safe manner, and with the recent breakthrough cases in our program, the risk is too high right now. We have tried everything possible to conduct the visiting time in a safe manner but we do not feel comfortable continuing this practice when the hotel cannot accommodate a large number of visitors.
We will still allow the post-practice visiting time on Friday afternoon (as we are able to safely space out around our practice fields). We understand that this decision will be difficult for some but we’ve made this decision in the best interest of the health and well-being of the student-athletes.
We will still conduct parents/family check-in on Friday starting at 3:00 pm and we will still be able to provide the “all clear” wristband for the game at the same check-in on Friday. We also understand that with day games over the next two weekends, there is plenty of time for families to visit with their sons after the game on Saturday night and again on Sundays.
MESSAGE FROM STANFORD FOOTBALL:
We are excited to take one important step towards making your lives easier this weekend…we will be conducting check-in for both the “all clear” to visit with your sons on Friday and the “all clear” to attend the game. We will provide the wristband that covers you for both. Of course, if you are not able to get to Palo Alto until a few hours prior to game time, you can still get your “all clear” wristband form one of the kiosks around the stadium starting at 12 noon on Saturday.
Below are a few of the reminders as we prepare for back to back home games over the next two weeks:
- All who plan to visit with the student athletes will be required to show proof of a negative COVID test within 72 hours of your visit with your son at Stanford
- This applies to both the Friday practice and hotel visiting time at the Sheraton Palo Alto (on 9/24).
- On game-day, Stanford Stadium requires proof of vaccination or negative test within 72 hours. Note, our football program policy is different as we are requiring a test regardless of vaccination status.
- For other friends and visitors, please be sure they are aware of the home game COVID policy by clicking on this link: https://gostanford.com/news/2021/8/27/athletics-2021-22-fan-attendance-policies.aspx
- Testing: Due to their reliability and consistency, we prefer PCR tests, but other tests like NAAT, antigen or home kits are also permitted at this time. Please make sure that your name and date are clearly identifiable on any test results provided(for home tests you can write the information in pen on the test itself). Note, there could be a change to the type of test requirements in the coming weeks but we will update you as soon as we know more. This requirement is for both vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals.
- The Sheraton hotel requires masks while indoors. Stanford Football requires masks for all individuals at all times indoors as well.
- Players who do not travel to the hotel are free to visit with their families at any time on Friday night, but visitors must still be cleared to attend practice.
- Please be sure to help spread the word. It is very important that anybody who could potentially visit with your son follow these protocols. We do not want to be in a position to turn away a family member or friend because they didn’t get tested beforehand.